Monday, December 22, 2014

Top Five, Bruce Wayne, and Moses




Well I'll just make this quick.  When first hearing news of the new Chris Rock movie, Top Five, I knew I would go see it as soon as I got the chance.  I've always liked Chris Rock and the movie features a star studded cast of comedic geniuses.  The various interviews that he's participated in leading up to the film's release increased my anticipation to get a big bag of twizzlers, sit on my butt for a few hours, and get some hearty laughs.




I went to the nearest movie theater the week before Top Five came out to see The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (I read all the books and couldn't resist, it was okay).  However, this forced me to start planning my next trip to the movie theater and I realized there are no theaters near my home showing this film.  I live at the intersection of Pomona, La Verne, and Claremont, California.  Upon further research, I see that black people make up 7.5%, 3.4%, and 4.7% respectively in these cities.  I'm not really surprised by the figures but it helps understand why I won't be able to go see Chris Rock's new movie.


I'm just appalled that a movie that has garnered so much attention, wouldn't even make it to my local theater.  But it makes sense, during my daily adventures I rarely see black people unless it's on public transportation.  However, I wouldn't be telling the whole story without mentioning that all the nearby theaters are showing this Exodus bullshit with numerous time slots.  And that is America for you.  A place where a black man can't go see Chris Rock's new film at his local movie theater, but I have many opportunities watch some white people pretend that their Africans.  Never thought I'd see the day when Bruce Wayne and Moses were the same person.




If you don't understand white supremacy . . . Everything else will confuse you

No comments:

Post a Comment