Monday, April 20, 2015

Reasons I'm Done with My iPhone

iPhones Used to Be Cool
Apple has made some great devices over the last decade or so.  When the iPhone first came out, I was eager to get one because it just looked so cool and Apple was known for making great products.  I had a Macbook in 2008, an iPod nano in 2004, and an iPod touch when they first came out.  Recently the quality of their products has significantly decreased.  My iPhone continually glitches and closes apps for no reason.  My nano and touch are long gone due to their own issues.  And my Macbook is basically obsolete, mostly because I'm too cheap to upgrade my software (and even if I did, macbook gurus say that it will not run as efficiently for several reasons).  Since my software isn't updated, I cannot sync my phone with my itunes and put the songs I want on my phone, or upload my pictures to iPhoto.




These are my own personal problems I have with the company, but in all honesty, things have been on the downside since Steve Jobs passed several years ago.  Their latest unveilings have been more of the same and I'm no longer impressed by the company.  iPhones were cool in the beginning because they could do things that other phones couldn't.  Now however, other companies have caught up and iPhone is no longer the only nice looking, touch screen phone with lots of applications, and that is easy to use.  The luster wore off a long time ago.  Below is a list of more reasons I'm done with my Apple iPhone.

Ten Reasons

  1. Apple Emoji's were unveiled in 2011 and it took four years to incorporate racially diverse ones.  Seriously.
  2. My phone repeatedly shuts off and restarts on its own for no reason whatsoever.
  3. Updates seem cumbersome and unnecessary.
  4. The iPhone 6 is wack, it looks cheap and generic.
  5. In the most recent phone update, I was forced to download an app for Apple Watch.  Who told them I was getting one? How presumptive!
  6. I feel like my privacy is being invaded. I was asked if I'd like to scan my credit card and save my information on my phone to make online purchases go smoother.
  7. I'm continually asked what my location is whenever opening certain apps and websites.
  8. Siri can't answer any of my questions.
  9. It's ridiculously expensive to get any repairs or replace my phone if something bad happens to it.
  10. Having one makes me feel like a member of a cult or a worker ant.
I just need a phone that can make calls, text messages, receives emails, plays music, and has twitter and internet capabilities.  Any suggestions?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment