Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bainbridge, GA: The worst place in America

I moved around alot as a kid. In Delaware alone I've lived in Dover, Camden, and Frederica. Following high school I lived in Atlanta and lived in Savannah for 5 years while completing college. My dad is a pastor in the AME church which moves it's pastors around as much as any military family. This is how I came to live in the worst place in America...Bainbridge, Georgia.

At first I brushed off the rumors around town of the place being cursed by voodoo http://bainbridgega.com/news/publish/101810voodoo.shtml, but after spending a summer there between semesters it's clear this place is cursed! Check out this list of reasons why Bainbridge is the worst place in America!

1- Killer Gnats

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little, but these little fuckers are enough to make Bainbridge the worst place in America by themselves!! Imagine being swarmed by gnats EVERY waking second you spend outside! It's insane. Anytime it's over 65 degrees (which is the majority of the year) you can expect to be met by these unpleasant fellows as soon as you step outside.  They're relentless!




2- Crazy Drug Scene


For a sleepy town of less than 13,000 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bainbridge,_Georgia the drug scene is alive and well in Bainbridge. Now this could be a result of being so close to Tallahassee but either way major drug busts seem to be a common theme while I was there. Check out the links below about a couple federal drug stings that took place in Bainbridge.
http://bainbridgega.com/news/publish/031711cocaine.shtml
http://www.thepostsearchlight.com/2012/11/29/five-arrested-during-thursday-drug-bust/

3- General Craziness

If you can stand the gnats and yearly drug busts, the relative craziness of this town will surely do you in. I wish I had a dollar for each time I was threatened by vicious stray dogs while walking to the store.  Once on a trip to CVS I tried my best not to make eye contact with a man walking down the street in a trenchcoat (in the blazing heat of the Georgia summer) who also had a HOOK for a hand! No BS. Trying to escape Bainbridge, if only in my mind, I took a trip to the liquor store across the street. I took my whiskey to the counter only to find out they don't accept debit cards of any kind! FUCK! This place is like Georgia Bizarro world.

If you don't believe me you can always take a trip to this godforsaken place. But be careful! You may not even make it there due to the corrupt police in the adjacent towns. There's a saying about Homerville, a town where I was illegally stopped and searched myself, which is an hour or two away from Bainbridge. "Come on vacation, leave on probation!" So maybe it's best you just take my word for it.

As always,

The Lonely Blogger

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment