Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Iowa State University - Where BEER Happens: Pint Night Exclusive

As a black grad student in Ames there really isn't much to enjoy as far as the nightlife is concerned. This ALL changes on Wednesday nights, also known as Pint Night to beer lovers across the city.


3 Words to describe Pint Night? "One. Dollar. Beer" And
this ain't no PBR, my friends. Olde Main, the local brewery in Ames has a sick selection of beer on tap for whatever your palate may be, and once again THEY ARE ALL ONE DOLLAR.

I spent the majority of my time as an undergrad in Savannah binge drinking the night away (yes on school nights) taking shots of E and J (also known as Erk and Jerk/Easy Jesus in the black community) and playing beer pong with the fellas, so believe me when I say my tolerance is pretty impressive for a guy my size. With that being said two stouts from Olde Main are good enough for a decent buzz!

Here are my three go-to beers at Olde Main's Pint Night:

1- Dinkey Wheat:

 A nice warm up beer. The sweetness makes this one very female-friendly, and it's also one of my favorites. Taste? Think Blue Moon, but for one dollar...can't beat it.

2- Sodbuster:

Stout!! My Turkish friend really loves this beer, as a matter of fact he put me on to Pint Night in the first place. Think of it like this, if Guinness is LeBron, Sodbuster is KD! 2nd place, Yes. But still a force to be reckoned with. It has a creamy, coffee like flavor and the foam is delicious. 3 or 4 of these and you may start sending unsolicited "sexts" so be cautious!

3- Off Kilter:

Finally, MY FAVORITE. Another sturdy stout, not for beginners. I'm not entirely sure there isn't any whiskey in this beer. Olde Main rumor has it the brewmaster actually wears a kilt when he brews this delight, and we all know the Irish like to get fucked up!
Start off with two of these and a shot of your favorite liquor for a night you probably won't remember.

Well ladies and gents, I've gotta get ready for pint night! So if you're not in Ames hit up your local brewery and enjoy a beer in my honor!

Yours Truly,

The Lonely Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment